Mr. Ziegler is licensed in New Mexico and Texas. He has practiced since 2001 and he handles professional liability, personal injury, insurance and employment matters:
- He routinely defends personal injury and tort cases, including wrongful death, automobile accidents, gas explosions and property damage.
- He defends professional liability cases on behalf of medical providers, insurance agents, mortgage brokers, title companies, and other professionals.
- He has significant experience analyzing coverage and preparing coverage opinions and reservation of rights letters.
- He has handled hundreds of employment charges, labor arbitrations and lawsuits. Mr. Ziegler routinely litigates multiple plaintiff and individual party actions involving discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract and wrongful discharge claims.
Ratings and Recognitions:
- AV® rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Chambers, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, since 2009. As stated in the 2017 Chambers guide, “He commands great respect among peers, and according to the endorsement of one client, ‘John’s service, intellect and client manner are top-flight.'”
- Southwest Super Lawyers, since 2012
- University of New Mexico, J.D., 2001
- University of New Mexico, B.A. (Political Science), 1998 – Miriam Grunsfeld Scholarship
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Member, New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, United Way Community Fund Volunteer Panel
- Former Member, New Day Youth and Family Services Board / Current Pro Bono Counsel
- Former Member, Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce Business Advocacy & Government Relations Planning Council
- Former Member, University of New Mexico School of Law Alumni Board
- An Employer’s Duty to Third Parties When Giving Employment Recommendations — Davis v. Board of County Commissioners of Dona Ana County, 30 New Mexico Law Review 307 (2000)
- New Mexico, 2001
- Texas, 2009