Mr. Ziegler is a Shareholder and President of the Firm. He is licensed in New Mexico and Texas and has practiced since 2001. Mr. Ziegler is General Counsel for HB Construction, Inc., one of the largest general contractors in the Southwest. HB Construction and related companies have operations in New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. In addition, he practices in the following areas:
- He handles construction-related matters.
- He has handled hundreds of employment charges, labor matters and lawsuits.
- Mr. Ziegler routinely provides advice on labor matters and defends labor arbitrations and unfair labor charges.
- Mr. Ziegler routinely litigates multiple plaintiff and individual party actions involving discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract and wrongful discharge claims.
- He routinely defends personal injury and tort cases, including wrongful death, automobile accidents and property damage.
- He defends professional liability cases on behalf of medical providers, insurance agents, mortgage brokers, title companies, and other professionals.
- He has significant experience analyzing coverage and preparing coverage opinions and reservation of rights letters.
- He routinely reviews contracts and handles breach of contract matters.
Ratings and Recognitions:
- AV® rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Chambers, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, since 2009. As stated in the 2017 Chambers guide, “He commands great respect among peers, and according to the endorsement of one client, ‘John’s service, intellect and client manner are top-flight.'”
- Southwest Super Lawyers, since 2012
- University of New Mexico, J.D., 2001
- University of New Mexico, B.A. (Political Science), 1998 – Miriam Grunsfeld Scholarship
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Member, New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, United Way Community Fund Volunteer Panel
- Former Member, New Day Youth and Family Services Board / Current Pro Bono Counsel
- Former Member, Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce Business Advocacy & Government Relations Planning Council
- Former Member, University of New Mexico School of Law Alumni Board
- An Employer’s Duty to Third Parties When Giving Employment Recommendations — Davis v. Board of County Commissioners of Dona Ana County, 30 New Mexico Law Review 307 (2000)
- New Mexico, 2001
- Texas, 2009
Contact info for John: