Summary of experience
Mr. Haupt joined the firm in 2024, bringing with him over ten years of diverse legal experience, which he draws from in order to devise creative solutions to complex client problems. Mr. Haupt started his legal career in New York and London representing financial institutions in regulatory investigations led by a host of domestic and international agencies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the United Kingdom’s Financial Conduct Authority, and the European Commission.
After clerking for two years for an Article III judge in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, where he helped manage the court’s civil docket and advised the court regarding numerous commercial and civil rights disputes, Mr. Haupt joined the Albuquerque office of a large regional firm. There, he represented individuals and entities litigating a broad range of commercial issues, including contract and lease matters, non-compete provisions, personal injury and vicarious liability claims, trademark and privacy issues, alleged violations of consumer protection statutes, and products liability claims. Mr. Haupt is also active in the New Mexico State Bar, where he is a member of the bar’s Ethics Advisory Committee.
Summary of education and awards
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2012 with High Honors
- Order of the Coif
- B. & Maurice C. Shapiro Public Interest Fellow
- Recipient of the Joel B. Rosenthal Commercial Law Award
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, B.F.A., 2005 with Honors
- New Mexico
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States District Cour for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Contact info for Joseph: